Black bin collections take place every other week
Your black bin is for non-recyclable household waste. Any rubbish you put in your black bin goes straight to landfill or Energy from Waste. Please make sure you recycle and reduce your waste as much as you can.
Please do not put the following in your black bin:
- soil, rubble or bricks
- electrical items
- hot ash
- gas canisters
- commercial or business waste
To make sure you get a great service, please:
- have your black bin ready for us to empty by 6am on your collection day during the current coronavirus pandemic
- leave your bin handles facing outwards, as this will make the collection quicker for our crews
- ensure your bin lid is closed and that there is no excess rubbish left next to the bin
- do not put liquids in your bin
- do not overload your bin with heavy items
- make sure you return your bin to your property as soon as possible after collection
If you put your rubbish out for collection in black sacks provided by us, please check our sack collections page for information on your collections.