Find out what you can recycle from the kerbside
We collect recycling every fortnight.
Your recycling boxes and bag need to be ready for collection by 6am on your recycling collection day during the current coronavirus pandemic. If you're unsure which day your recycling is collected, you can check your bin day online.
Please make sure you return your containers to your property as soon as possible after collection.
What can I recycle?
Each household is provided with two green recycling boxes and a reusable bag.
You can recycle paper and card in one box including:
- Junk Mail
- Cardboard tubes
- Egg boxes
- Cardboard boxes/packaging (cardboard must be flattened and no bigger than 85cm x 45cm)
- Greeting cards and wrapping paper (no glitter or foil)
You can recycle glass in one box including:
- Glass bottles
- Glass jars
You can recycle all your plastic bottles (please remove lids), aerosols, drink cans and food tins in your recycling bag including:
- Milk bottles
- Shampoo/conditioner/shower gel bottles
- Cleaning bottles
- Food tins
- Drink cans
Textiles/clothing can be left out in a clear sack next to your green boxes for collection.
You can find a full list of what you can and cannot recycle
What if my recycling has not been collected?
If your recycling has not been collected for some reason, you should be left a note explaining the problem.
Reasons might include:
- large cardboard - cardboard must be flattened and no bigger than 85cm x 45cm
- textiles - please put your textiles in a clear sack or labelled bag (no black sacks or charity bags). Textiles should be placed next to your boxes.
- wrong type of plastic - we only accept plastic bottles in your green sack. Find out about recycling additional plastics here.
- mixing your recycling materials - please separate the materials into the right containers
- shredded paper - this shouldn't be put into your green box; it can be composted or reused for animal bedding (or alternatively put in your black bin)
As long as the problem has been sorted out, your recycling will then be taken on your next recycling collection day.
If you have not been left a note, there may be other issues affecting the service which you can check on our waste collection webpage.
Replacement recycling boxes or bags
If you need replacement recycling box or bag you can order a new container online.
We are not currently providing additional boxes and bags for recycling due to the increased demand on our waste services. We will collect recycling separated by material and presented in suitable/similar containers to the ones we provide.
If you put your recycling out for collection in clear sacks provided by us, please check our sack collection webpage for more information on your service.
You can find out what happens to your recycling after it has been collected on our 'Where Does Your Recycling Go?' webpage.