Future Committee Decisions (Forward Plans)
Key decisions in the 'Forward Plan' for discussion at future committee meetings
The 'Forward Plan' is a list of key decisions to be discussed at future meetings, or by Individual Members or officers.
From 2022 onwards forward plans will be published here.
You can also see forward plans published prior to 2022 below:
What is a Key Decision?
A decision taken by the relevant committee, or by an officer, is considered a 'key decision' if:
- it is likely to result in the council incurring significant costs, or making significant savings, to the budget for a service
- it is likely to have a significant effect on communities (defined in this case as the people living or working in more than two wards)
Some decisions relating to specific types of council activity can be made by Individual Members and don't need to be decided by a committee.
These are exempted from the second point above, and aren't considered 'key decisions' as a result - this is to ensure that we work in the most efficient way possible.
The exempted areas are:
- Highway matters within approved budget
- Plans, strategies and policies
- Responses to consultation documents
- Council's response to government documents
- Appointments to outside bodies
- Rights of Way issues
- Matters relating to the Forward Plan itself
If you wish to comment on an item on the Forward Plan, you can do so in writing to the relevant officer or lead member at the Council Offices.