Toggle menu

Licence to Carry Out Works on, in or over a Highway - Section 115E

Find information about and apply for a licence to carry out work to roads, pavements, public rights of way, off road footpaths and verges


Apply Online for a Section 115E Licence

A fee of £541 is payable for this licence.

You should make an application for a works licence at least two months before the date that the works are due to start.

Application Supporting Documents

To support your application, you are required to provide the following documents:  

  • Letters and/or forms (usually SWL6 forms - for more information refer to the New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) 1991, Section 50) from Statutory Undertakers, confirming either that their equipment or apparatus is not affected, or, if it is, their requirements
  • A copy of the relevant permissions given by The Planning Authority and any Building Regulations consent
  • Copies of the Supervisors and Operatives current qualifications, valid under Section 67 of the New Roads and Street Works Act 1991
  • The date when works are to commence
  • A copy of your current insurance policy
  • Receipt of your last premium payment

Your insurance policy should indemnify West Berkshire Council to a limit of £5 million in respect of each and every third party claim, action, demand, expense and liability arising out of or by reason of anything done, or omitted to be done, in respect of works on, in or over the Highway.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email