Planning Application Forms
Submit an application online or print forms and checklists
You can submit an application to us in a variety of different ways:
- Planning Portal: you can submit and pay for an application online and find help and guidance in completing your submission.
- Email: you can email your forms and documents to email@example.com. You can pay your planning fee by using our secure Online Payment System.
- Post: You can find printable application forms and checklists for each application type below. Only one copy is required. You can still use our Online Payment System if you submit your application by post.
Currently, 53 per cent of submitted applications are invalid.
The most common reasons for an application being invalid are:
- incomplete or missing CIL forms (see for more information)
- incomplete or incorrect Certificate of Ownership
- incorrect or missing fee
- incorrect location/site plan including red line, OS license, and access to the nearest highway
- incorrect plans including disclaimers ('Do Not Scale'), errors between both existing and proposed elevations and floor plans
We operate on a "two strikes and out" approach to all invalid applications. This means that if an application is not valid after two attempts from the initial submission, we will not progress the application further and will return the application fee (if applicable) minus 25 per cent for the work completed by the Planning Registration Team.
Using both theand the specific checklist for your application will help you decide what else you should include in your submission. The Local List includes the national standard requirements specified by central government and we have no discretion to change these.
You can find other useful documents, here.