Toggle menu

Temporary Permit for Recycling Centres

Applying for a temporary one-day permit for your Commercial Type Vehicle or hire van.

If you are a resident of West Berkshire and you did not qualify for a commerical type vehicle permit or wish to visit one of our Household Waste Recycling Centres in a hire van, you may still be able to access them using a temporary one-day permit.

You can use a temporary permit for up to six visits a year.

You cannot use this service with a prohibited vehicle (for details of which vehicles are prohibited, please see page ten of the Icon for pdf Household Waste Recycling Centres - User Guide [2.1MB] ).

This service is only available to West Berkshire Residents. 

Temporary Registration

To apply for a temporary one day permit for your Commercial Type Vehicle or hire van, you'll need to book an appointment (if using a  hire van enter HIRE VAN as the vehicle registration) then complete a Household Waste Declaration Form before you visit.

You will need to bring the following documents along to show the site staff:

  • an official document which identifies you as a resident of West Berkshire (ie a utility or Council Tax bill)
  • photo ID (ie a passport or drivers licence)


  • The permit will only be valid for 6 visits a year.
  • Your vehicle must not be on the prohibited list and must meet height and weight requirements for the site
  • If you reach the maximum six visits within a 12-month period you will not be able to use your Commercial Type Vehicle or hire van to access the site until the following year (but you will be still be able to access the centres using your car, if you have access to one).

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email