Data collection related to schools and school pupils in West Berkshire
All schools are required by law to submit information regarding their pupils in the autumn, spring and summer terms. The data that is returned from local authority maintained schools is received electronically by West Berkshire Council, generated by the schools' management information systems.
Academy schools in West Berkshire also share School Census data with us.
We then check all the data we receive before sending it on to the Department of Education.
Reports are available from recent School Census returns and include information on:
- pupil numbers by school age and by national curriculum year
- trends in pupil numbers over the last five years
- the number and percentage of pupils eligible for free school meals
- pupil numbers by gender, also gender by national curriculum year
- the number of pupils classified as having special educational needs
- the number of pupils that are the children of service personnel
- pupil ethnicity and first language
- exclusions by category
Should you require any of the above information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.