Toggle menu

Conservation areas: planning advice

Planning advice for development in a conservation area.

For advice on planning applications and planning compliance for buildings in a conservation area, please contact our Conservation and Design Team at the Planning Service. They may recommend you use the planning pre-application advice service.

You can find further information about planning permission for a development or demolition in a conservation area on the Planning Portal website:

Applying for permission

You can apply online on the Planning Portal for permission for demolition in a conservation area.

Alternatively, you can apply using the printable application form, checklist and help notes.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email