Becoming a Foster Carer: Support
How we'll support you and allowances you'll receive
- 24 hour support from experienced specialist social workers
- support at meetings for the child you're fostering
- a competitive allowance
- regular newsletters
- an out of hours phone service
- an extensive training package
- payment of school mileage
- a new carer buddy scheme
- long service awards
- subscription to Foster Talk
- a refer a friend bonus
- regular, reflective supervision
- flexible financial support
- access to join the local fostering association
We recognise that because of the nature of the role, foster carers will face demanding and challenging situations. Our aim is that with training and high levels of support and good communication, we can equip you with the skills to deal with the majority of situations, safe in the knowledge that support is readily accessible if you need it.
We pay a weekly allowance to cover the day-to-day cost of caring for a child or young person. This is dependent on the needs and age of the child. We'll provide you with detailed information about financial allowances when we visit you in your home.
You may also receive a 'start up' grant, to cover the cost of preparing your home for a foster child, if required.
Find out about Becoming a Foster Carer: The Process.
Find out about Becoming a Foster Carer: Training.