Emotional Health Triage service (EHT)
A free service which accepts referrals for children and young people in West Berkshire
The Emotional Health Triage Service helps children and young people (under 19 years old) and their families in West Berkshire.
As part of the triage process, a multi-agency panel discusses more complex referrals. Each case is then referred or signposted to the most appropriate local service to meet their needs.
Since we opened our doors in 2016, the triage service has helped over 3,400 children and young people and their families to get the right support to meet their needs.
Who can use this service?
You can refer children and young people in West Berkshire who have difficulty with things like:
- low mood
- friendships problems
- eating or body image problems
We also provide support and advice around confidence and general wellbeing.
What support we offer
The triage service is a route to many different early support options, including:
- services which provide counselling
- CBT (provided by the EHA)
- self-help resources
- youth work
- specialist support around SEN, parenting, crime and bullying, identity issues and substance abuse
How the triage service works
- a child or young person is referred by a family member or professional
- our referral coordinator gets in touch with their family to discuss their needs
- where possible, we will then signpost them to relevant support from a range of options
- when we feel the referral requires a more in-depth consideration, they are discussed at a triage meeting with experts from a number of services
- the panel will make a recommendation for the most appropriate support for each case
How to make a referral
To make a referral as a parent/carer or professional, please complete the online EHT referral form.
Referrals are usually made by family members, schools or GPs.
If your concerns are serious, urgent or complex in nature, please contact the Children, Young People and Families Health Hub on 0300 365 1234.
If you are unable to use the online form, please e-mail us at Emotional.Health.Triage@westberks.gov.uk to request a PDF form.
Asking for help if you're aged 11 to 18
Young people are also able to self-refer for support.
For more information
See the West Berkshire Directory for details of a range of services available to West Berkshire residents.
You may also find it helpful to refer to our signposting posters which set out support available in a range of areas:
To find out how we use and store your personal information in line with GDPR, please read our privacy notice.