Toggle menu

Young people: how to ask for help

We know it can be hard to ask for help - that's why we're here for you.

We know it can be hard to ask for help, that's why our friendly workers are happy to contact you via phone or email to talk to you about the difficulties you are experiencing.

We can provide advice and support you with:

  • anxiety
  • low mood
  • anger
  • self-image
  • self-harm
  • relationships
  • bullying
  • major life events

We can also link you in with other services that support young people with difficulties like relationships, bullying, family difficulties, sexuality, or substance misuse.

Ask for help

If you are aged 11 to 18 you can self-refer using our online form.

This form is meant to be used only by young people like you. A member of our team will then contact you to discuss your concerns and how best to support you.

If you are under 16, we'll need your parent's permission before we can support you, but privacy and confidentiality are always respected.

The EHA was designed after listening to young people like you. We want to continue listening to young people, so if you have any questions, comments, feedback or ideas we want to hear from you!

You can download this Icon for pdf leaflet about our self-referral service for young people. [679KB] .

If you need urgent help

We are not a crisis or emergency service.

If you need urgent help call 999.

If you're having suicidal thoughts or extreme mental health difficulties, call the Samaritans, anytime, on 116 123.

Getting help for a young person if you're a parent or carer

If you are a parent or carer, please complete the Triage Service referral form for parents/carers and professionals.

To find out how we use and store your personal information in line with GDPR, please read our privacy notice.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email