Toggle menu

Useful Parking Information

Information about different types of parking in West Berkshire

On this page:

Coach Parking

There are 3 designated Coach Stands in the Newbury Wharf Bus Station. You can find more information on the Newbury Wharf Bus Station webpage.

Motor home Parking

West Berkshire car parks cannot accommodate motor homes, as the bay sizes and car park areas are only suitable for cars.

Alternative options for motor home parking are located at either Chieveley Services (RG18 9XX) or Tot Hill Services (RG20 9BX).

Motorcycle Parking

Solo motorcycles can park for free in the designated motorcycle bays within our car parks.

Motorcycle bays are located in the following car parks:



Motorcycles parked in the general use bays must pay to park.

Non-West Berkshire Car Parks

The Council is not responsible for vehicles parked in:

  • Supermarkets and retail parks
  • Hospital car parks
  • Privately owned car parks

The Parking Team are only able to deal with Penalty Charge Notices issued by West Berkshire Council. If you have received a Parking Charge Notice from a private company, you will need to contact them directly.

Footway Parking and Obstruction

The Council can only enforce where restrictions are in place.

Civil Enforcement Officers cannot deal with obstructions of the highway or parking on the pavement (unless the vehicle is parked adjacent to yellow lines). You will need to contact the Police on the non-emergency number 101 to report these offences.

If a vehicle is blocking your driveway and you are unable to get in and out of your own property, you will need to contact the Police.

School Parking

West Berkshire Council is responsible for enforcing parking outside of schools where restrictions are in place, and our Civil Enforcement Officers visit each school as often as possible.

School 'Keep Clear' markings should always be kept clear of all traffic. Parents are not permitted to drop off or pick up children on these markings, and an instant Penalty Charge Notice will be issued for doing so.

Parked vehicles that are causing an obstruction where there are no restrictions in place can be reported to the Police on the non-emergency number, 101.

If there are continuous issues with parking outside of a school, you can send the details to

Abandoned Vehicles

To report an abandoned vehicle that has been left on the public highway, please complete our online form.


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email