Toggle menu

Business Licences: Apply

Including registering a food premises, apply for a skin piercing licence, register as a scrap metal dealer and apply for a child employment work permit

Register a Food Premises

All food businesses which operate in the West Berkshire and Wokingham areas must register with Environmental Health

Apply For Street Collection Licence

Persons or organisations collecting money or selling articles for the benefit of charitable purposes in any street or public place must have a permit from the council.

Apply for Grant, Renewal, or Transfer of Street Trading Consent

A Street Trading Consent is required for all street trading activities such as hot food vehicles, ice cream vans and flower stalls.

Apply for a Child Employment Work Permit

In order for a child of compulsory school age to be legally engaged in any part-time work they must be issued with a work permit.

Apply for a Skin Piercing Licence

A person carrying on acupuncture, tattooing, ear-piercing, or electrolysis must be registered with the council

Register as a Scrap Metal Dealer

All businesses that fall under the new definition of a 'scrap metal dealer' must have a licence from the council to operate.

Apply for a House to House Collection Licence

A licence is required from the council for any house to house (or other premises) collections of cash, clothing or bric-a-brac.

Register a Hairdresser or Barber Business

A licence is required to ensure the business complies with heath and safety laws.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email