Toggle menu

Disabled Facilities Grants

Applying for a grant to help a disabled person live more independently in their own home

Disabled Facilities Grants (DFGs) of up to £30,000 are available for work that's needed to help a disabled person live more independently in their own home. 

The grants are available whether you own your home or are renting.

Applying for a grant

Before you can apply for a Disabled Facilities Grant, we'll need to talk to you to explain what is involved, and ask you some questions to check that you are eligible.

An occupational therapist must recommend any adaptations that you may need, and will need to visit you to carry out an assessment.

You can request an occupational therapist assessment by contacting the Adult Social Care team.

You may have to contribute towards the cost of the work needed, unless you receive certain means tested benefits or the application is for a disabled child. If you can't afford your contribution, we can advise you on other options.

To discuss an application, contact the Home Improvement Agency.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email