Legal and Democratic Services: Leadership Team
Find out more about our Legal and Democratic Services Leadership Team and what they do
At the centre of what we do is our advice and representation to members and officers across the full range of the council's activities. However, whilst our focus has traditionally been on our work for local government and schools, we're increasingly advising a much wider range of organisations that directly or indirectly deliver public services, including parish councils.
The combination of our breadth of expertise, public sector experience and ability to deliver a cost effective solution, together with our commitment to providing a first class service, enables us to deliver real and lasting benefits for all of the clients we serve.
We very much hope that we can have a discussion with you about how we can help to meet your objectives and to address the challenges ahead.
Who is in the team?
Our Leadership Team is responsible for managing the team's officers and other resources to ensure that we provide the highest level of service:
- Service Lead for Legal and Democratic Services: Nicola Thomas
- Legal Services Manager: Leigh Hogan
- Democratic Services Manager: Stephen Chard
- Elections and Land Charges Manager: Clare Ockwell
- Data Protection Officer: Sharon Armour
- Principal Policy Officer (Scrutiny): Gordon Oliver