Providing services for children and families in West Berkshire
Family Hubs offer a range of services to support families, parents and carers of children aged 0 to 19 years old (0 to 24 for children with special educational needs and disabilities).
We work directly with children 0 to 5 years old and signpost services for families with 5 to 19 year olds.
What do our Family Hubs offer?
Families with children under 5 can access the following:
- 1-1 support from a Family Support Worker, families can self-refer or be referred by a professional
- A variety of groups running in the Hubs and local community, enabling children and their parents/carers to take part in range of play-based activities to support early learning, development, and building friendships
- Antenatal, postnatal, breastfeeding support and baby massage
- Support with finding suitable provision and applying for free childcare for 2-year-olds and 30 hours free childcare
- Friendly, qualified staff who will provide a listening ear to support your child's learning & development and parent/carer wellbeing
- Signposting for information around employment, training, and childcare
Where are our Family Hubs?
There are a number of different events and sessions for each of the Family Hubs in West Berkshire. They can be based in a local community centre, a school or a Family Hub building. To find out what's on and where they are, please see our 'What's on' information above.
- Central Family Hub - Thatcham and surrounding areas
- East Family Hub - Calcot and surrounding areas
- West Family Hub - Newbury and surrounding areas
- Hungerford and Area Family Centre - Hungerford, Lambourn, Kintbury and surrounding areas
The other locations where we deliver services, events and sessions are called 'community delivery points'.
Who to contact
Central Family Hub - Sharon.email@example.com, 01635 503990
East Family Hub - firstname.lastname@example.org, 0118 9456157
West Family Hub - email@example.com, 01635 31143
All Family Hubs - firstname.lastname@example.org, 01635 503990
Hungerford Area and Family Centre - MBeasley@hungerfordnursery.w-berks.sch.uk, 01488 682628