Providing services for children and families in West Berkshire
Family Hubs offer a range of services to support families, parents and carers of children aged 0 to 19 years old (0 to 24 for children with special educational needs and disabilities).
We work directly with children 0 to 5 years old and signpost services for families with 5 to 19 year olds.
What do our Family Hubs offer?
Families with children under 5 can access the following:
- 1-1 support from a Family Support Worker, families can self-refer or be referred by a professional
- A variety of groups running in the Hubs and local community, enabling children and their parents/carers to take part in range of play-based activities to support early learning, development, and building friendships
- Family learning courses such as Boost, Parenting in the Early Years, Healthy Eating and Lifestyles
- Antenatal, postnatal, breastfeeding support and baby massage
- Support with finding suitable provision and applying for free childcare for 2-year-olds and 30 hours free childcare
- Friendly, qualified staff who will provide a listening ear to support your child's learning & development and parent/carer wellbeing
- Signposting for information around employment, training, and childcare
There are a number of different events and sessions for each of the Family Hubs. Click the link below to go to our booking page, where you can see all of the sessions on offer with location and booking details:
Where are our Family Hubs?
There are a number of different events and sessions for each of the Family Hubs in West Berkshire. They can be based in a local community centre, a school or a Family Hub building. To find out what's on and where they are, please see our 'What's on' information above.
You can find out more about our specific Family Hub locations on each of the pages below:
- Central Family Hub - Thatcham and surrounding areas
- East Family Hub - Calcot and surrounding areas
- West Family Hub - Newbury and surrounding areas
- Hungerford and Area Family Centre - Hungerford, Lambourn, Kintbury and surrounding areas
The other locations where we deliver services, events and sessions are called 'community delivery points'.
Who to contact
Central Family Hub - Sharon.email@example.com, 01635 503990
East Family Hub - firstname.lastname@example.org, 0118 9456157
West Family Hub - email@example.com, 01635 31143
All Family Hubs - firstname.lastname@example.org, 01635 503990
Hungerford Area and Family Centre - Shelly@hungerfordnursery.w-berks.sch.uk, 01488 682628