If you have been told by the NHS Test and Trace Service to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus COVID-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period. Please note that you are not entitled to financial support if you have only been advised to self isolate by the NHS COVID-19 app.
To be eligible for the Self-Isolation Payment, an individual must:
- • have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace either because you’ve tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive and;
- • be employed or self-employed and;
- • be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result; and
- • be currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
You will need the following information to complete this form:
- • a notification from NHS Test and Trace asking you to self-isolate (this will include a Unique ID number);
- • a bank statement; and
- • proof of employment, or, if you are self-employed, evidence of self-assessment returns, trading income and proof that your business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without social contact;
- • your National Insurance Number;
For your application to be accepted:
- • you must make an application within 14 days of your period of self-isolation ending;
- • you can only make one application per 14 days;
Use this form to apply if you receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.