If you have been told by the NHS Test and Trace Service to self-isolate, either because you have tested positive for coronavirus COVID-19 or you have been in contact with someone who has tested positive, you may be entitled to some financial support during your self-isolation period. Please note that you are not entitled to financial support if you have only been advised to self isolate by the NHS COVID-19 app.
To be eligible for the Self-Isolation Payment, an individual must:
- • have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace either because you’ve tested positive for coronavirus or have recently been in close contact with someone who has tested positive and;
- • be employed or self-employed and;
- • be unable to work from home and will lose income as a result; and
- • be currently receiving Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.
You will need to upload the following information to complete this form:
If you do not supply all requested information with your application then your application will be unsuccessful. There is no right of appeal against a decision relating to a self-isolation payment. If your application is rejected but you believe you should be entitled to a payment, you will need to submit a new application ensuring that on the next occasion all evidence is included to establish your entitlement.
- • a notification email/text from the NHS Test and Trace Service asking you to self-isolate (this should include a Unique account ID number made up of 8 letters and numbers or just numbers);
- • a bank statement showing your account name, account number and sort code;
- • proof of employment such as a wageslip, or, if you are self-employed, evidence of self-assessment returns, trading income and proof that your business delivers services which cannot be undertaken without working from home. All proof provided must clearly show your name.
For your application to be accepted:
- • you must make an application within 28 days of your isolation period starting;
- • you can only make one successful application per insolation period;
Use this form to apply if you receive Universal Credit, Working Tax Credit, income-based Employment and Support Allowance, income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance, Income Support, Housing Benefit and/or Pension Credit.