The Development Plan for West Berkshire
Find out more about what the Local Plan is and how we use it as part of the overall Development Plan for West Berkshire
The National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) sets out the Government's planning policies and must be taken into consideration in the preparation of Local Plans.
Applications for planning permission must be determined in accordance with the Development Plan unless material considerations indicate otherwise.
The Development Plan is currently made up of a number of different documents:
- Core Strategy Development Plan Document (2006 - 2026) adopted July 2012
- Housing Site Allocations Development Plan Document adopted May 2017
- West Berkshire District Local Plan 1991 - 2006 (Saved Policies 2007) as amended in July 2012 and May 2017
- Stratfield Mortimer Neighbourhood Development Plan adopted June 2017
- Compton Neighbourhood Development Plan adopted February 2022
- relating to the Thames Basin Heaths Special Protection Area
- incorporating alterations adopted in December 1997 and May 2001
- adopted December 1998
Neighbourhood Development Plans, when adopted, will also form part of the Development Plan.
The timetable for the preparation of further Development Plan Documents (DPDs), which will be included in the Local Plan, is set out in the Local Development Scheme (LDS).
We are currently working on the following documents: