West Berkshire Council

West Berkshire Council logo
Coronavirus (COVID-19)

Find information about community support and our services during the coronavirus pandemic, on our information for residents pages, our information for businesses pages, and our community support hub page which has guidance to help coordinate community organisations.

See a summary of our Local Outbreak Control Plan and read our frequently asked questions. 

Licences: Business


Register a Food Premises
All food businesses which operate in the West Berkshire and Wokingham areas must register with Environmental Health
Apply For Street Collection Licence
Persons or organisations collecting money or selling articles for the benefit of charitable purposes in any street or public place must have a permit from the council.
Apply for Grant, Renewal, or Transfer of Street Trading Consent
A Street Trading Consent is required for all street trading activities such as hot food vehicles, ice cream vans and flower stalls.
Apply for a Child Employment Work Permit
In order for a child of compulsory school age to be legally engaged in any part-time work they must be issued with a work permit.
Apply for a Skin Piercing Licence
A person carrying on acupuncture, tattooing, ear-piercing, or electrolysis must be registered with the council
Register as a Scrap Metal Dealer
All businesses that fall under the new definition of a 'scrap metal dealer' must have a licence from the council to operate.
Apply for a House to House Collection Licence
A licence is required from the council for any house to house (or other premises) collections of cash, clothing or bric-a-brac.
Register a Hairdresser or Barber Business
A licence is required to ensure the business complies with heath and safety laws.