If you do not meet the criteria above, you may still be able to apply using the Printable Form
If you meet any of the following criteria:
- - If you are without speech, in any language (score of at least 8 PIP points against communicating verbally).
- - Have a disability, or suffered and injury, which has a substantial and long term adverse effect on your ability to walk (score of at least 8 PIP points against ‘moving around).
- - You do not have arms or have long-term loss of use of both arms
- - Have a learning disability which includes significant impairment of intelligence and social functioning.
- - Would be refused a licence to drive a motor vehicle on grounds other than persistence misuse of drugs or alcohol.
- - has been diagnosed with a severe long term mental health problem that has already existed for twelve months orbased on confirmed expert opinion is likely to exist for twelve months. Applicants are required to be registeredwith the Council’s Community Mental Health Team or have written confirmation from the DVLA refusing the issueof a driving licence on the grounds of mental health other than persistent misuse of drugs and alcohol.