Toggle menu

Heat the Home Counties: Insulation and Heating Grants

Helping to make your home warmer, more energy efficient and save money on heating bills

Heat the Home Counties
In West Berkshire you may be eligible for a grant if your household income after tax, Council Tax and energy costs is less than £35,000 per year, or if someone in your household receives benefits.

Private homeowners may be eligible for grants for first time central heating, insulation and boiler upgrades. Rented homes are not eligible for boiler upgrades, but tenants and landlords of privately rented properties may be eligible for grants for first time central heating and insulation, regardless of the tenants' income, as long as the home has an Energy Performance Certificate rating of A to E. In many cases the works are free of charge, although central heating grants are likely to require a partial contribution from the property owner.

Central heating grants are available for people who:

  • have no heating, or use open fires or plug in electric heaters
  • wish to switch from electric storage heaters to a full radiator heating system

Grant funding can also be provided towards the cost of a new mains gas connection, or, in rural areas, the new heating system can be fuelled from bottled gas, and in some cases, by a ground source heat pump.

Residents looking to take advantage of these heating and insulation grants can call Heat the Home Counties on 01344 888 930, or visit the Heat the Home Counties website.

Heat the Home Counties is a partnership of five local authorities, and our partners Happy Energy Solutions Ltd and the Heat Project. 

All works are subject to survey, eligibility criteria and limited funding.

To find out more about we use this data, read our privacy notice.


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email