Dine Out Sustainably in West Berkshire
Calling all eco-conscious independent cafes, restaurants and pubs
We would like to hear from you if you are a local business with strong environmental values who could be part of our sustainable eateries campaign. We want to showcase our best independent dining places with green agendas to help encourage residents to consider more eco-friendly places to eat and drink. So whether you are a green-certified restaurant, solar-powered pub, or a café sourcing from locally-sourced produce, get in touch!
What is your business doing to help make West Berkshire a green district? Here are some ideas that you can include:
- You use renewable energy
- You are certified in sustainability/carbon etc.
- You have a climate change strategy/carbon neutrality target
- You source local produce and support West Berkshire producers
- You are supporting local environmental projects
- You are recycling and re-using within your business or supply chain
- You are encouraging behaviour change, e.g. eco-friendly produce, vegan and vegetarian
- Any other brilliant ideas you have!
You can also read about our own Environmental priorities in our Environment Strategy here.
Our campaign will be aimed at eating and drinking businesses but if you run a market stall, let us know too and we may be able to include you.
Deadline for application is 5pm 15 July 2022.
We will be informing those who have been accepted in July 2022.