Our staff are the first people that you'll speak to if you visit our offices or telephone our switchboard or Contact Centre. We'll provide the services you need, or will make sure you're put in touch with the right department.
We can help you with:
- Council Tax, Business Rates and Housing & Council Tax Benefits
- Travel tokens and bus passes
- Recycling and refuse collections
- Roads and streetlights
- Information about Planning
- Social Care Services enquiries and referrals for Children
- Environmental Health enquiries
- Free School Meals
- Births, deaths, marriages and partnerships
If you are hard of hearing you may prefer to access our telephone services using RNID text relay.
Our normal opening hours are:
- Telephone calls: 01635 42400 - 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am - 4.30pm Friday. Our Children's Social Care service operates until 5.00pm Friday.
- Reception and Enquiry Desks: 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am - 4.30pm Friday
Outside office hours emergencies:
Phone 01635 42161. For social care for adults and children and housing phone 01344 786543. Further information can be found on the Contacting the Council Out of Hours - EMERGENCIES ONLY page.
We aim to offer you quality services and regularly monitor our performance and conduct customer surveys. If you feel that we've let you down, or you have received exceptional service, please don't hesitate to get in touch with Customer Services.
► Map For West Berkshire Council - Market Street Offices