► Mobile Site

info@westberks.gov.uk (01635) 42400
Market Street, Newbury, RG14 5LD

► View More Services


Housing Advice

The Housing Operations Team provide advice on a range of housing issues.

West Berkshire Council Customer Services at Calcot

The Housing Operations Team provide advice to:

If you want to apply for a housing association home to rent or are an older person looking for sheltered housing click on the link to the Common Housing Register.

If you are homeless or about to become homeless, click on the link to the Homelessness section.

If you are an older person looking to remain in your own home, click on the link to Disabled Facilities and other grants.

Please be aware that the Housing Advice Desk opening hours are changing. The Housing Options Team will be available at the desk between 9 am and 12 pm for housing advice enquiries. The Common Housing Register Team will be available between 12 pm and 3 pm for register enquiries. If you are homeless tonight you can still approach at any time.

The Housing Operations Team can provide advice and information to landlords and tenants about their respective rights and responsibilities.

If you are a woman experiencing violence or emotional abuse from a partner, and want to talk to someone in confidence about your options, you can contact the following agencies:

If you want to apply to rent a housing association home in West Berkshire you will need to complete a Common Housing Register application form. This link will take you to the Common Housing Register page.

Mutual exchange is available to all public sector tenants. You are a public sector tenant if your landlord is the local council or a housing association. You can move home using mutual exchange by swapping your home with that of another public sector tenant in West Berkshire or elsewhere in the country.

The Housing Options Team provides housing advice to anyone who is homeless or threatened with homelessness. The team aims to prevent homelessness by referring to specialist services, or helping people access accommodation.

The Council's Rent Deposit Guarantee and Threshold Loan Scheme helps people on low or no incomes obtain a property to rent in the private sector if they are homeless or threatened with homelessness.

Housing and Council Tax Benefits are intended to help people on low incomes meet their housing costs. You can find out more about these benefits on this website.

Shared Ownership is a part rent and part buy system which is a more affordable way of accessing the housing market.

Please use to report or Complain about housing standards in rented properties, houses or housing.

 ▼ Contacts:
Dealing with Housing Advice Enquiries
Tel:01635 519588

Emergency Out of Hours
Tel:01344 786 543

This page was created on 12/10/2005 and last updated on 03/12/2013. - Print this page.
Share This Page