Fostering & Adoption
Information for those interested in Fostering or Adoption
The Family Placement Team manages
- the recruitment, assessment, approval, and training of potential foster carers and adopters
- the matching, and placement of children and young people who are referred to the team for placement
- and the subsequent supervision and support of their carers and adopters
We have a fully resourced team available to provide a complete service and encourage people to contact us if they are interested and want to know more about what we do.
We will be delighted to explain and, if you are interested, initiate an application to become a foster carer or adopter.
Additionally, we also:
- progress private fostering notifications
- administer Family and Friends fostering arrangements
- and advise on procedures for in-family adoptions.
We feel that letting you know how the process works and what is involved will help you reach the right decision for you.
A copy of our statement of purpose for our services can be viewed on the fostering and adoption pages.
We urgently need people to foster. Could you help?
If you think you can please make contact with the Family Placement Team or come to one of our information evenings by clicking on the following link:
or click on the link below to fill in our enquiry request form
West Berkshire Council is committed to promoting social inclusion and we include equality as a core value.
We ensure that all our policies and practices are non-discriminatory and we oppose any form of discrimination on the grounds of gender, disability, age, ethnic or national origin, marital status, religion or belief and sexual orientation.