News Page Twitter Guidelines
Our guidelines on who's Tweets we display on our news pages.
Some of the news pages on the West Berkshire Council website display information published using Twitter.
For example our local news page brings in content from a variety of Twitter accounts.
The following describes how we select which Twitter accounts to use.
The Twitter account should
- Promote a body, organisation or club, not an individual.
- Promote a body, organisation or club that is primarily run on a not for profit basis.
- Promote a body, organisation or club that is located in, or relates to West Berkshire.
- Not publish a "daily" or a similar compilation of tweets every day.
The Tweets should
- Be written from the point of view of a body, organisation or club, not an individual.
- Be written so that they adhere to the laws relating to the publication of information on the internet.
- Not express political opinion unless on a West Berkshire Council website page specifically promoted to display it.
- Not be defamatory or overly negative about any individual, event, body, organisation, club or any other item.
Should we consider a Twitter account to have broken our guidelines were will remove it from the public list and our news pages.
For more information or if you consider an account we display on our website has broken these guidelines then please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.