On this page are useful links to various Environment Agency flood webpages, flood warnings, maps and useful telephone numbers.
Flooding can occur anywhere, even if you live inland or away from watercourses, because the drainage system - whether open watercourses or pipes - can be overwhelmed by the amount of water it is expected to carry.
When the ground is saturated even small extra amounts of rainfall will have difficulty draining away from gardens and enclosed spaces. So these pages are relevant to you wherever you live.
We recognise the impact of flooding on the community and work closely with the Environment Agency and Parish Councils.
It is the responsibility of the owners to take appropriate action to protect their property from flooding.
- Flood advice guides - Environment Agency Flood advice guides
- Flood Warning Service - Environment Agency Flood Warning Service
- Floodline telephone service - 0845 988 1188 (Minicom users should call 0845 602 6340).
- Is my Home in or near a Flood Risk Area? - Environment Agency Flood Maps for tidal and fluvial (river flooding).
- Areas likely to be affected by Groundwater (springs or spring-like activity) - Groundwater Information Service
- General enquiry line - 0845 933 3111
- Emergency hotline - 0800 807 060