► Mobile Site

info@westberks.gov.uk (01635) 42400
Market Street, Newbury, RG14 5LD

► View More Council Services

How can I reduce my Council Tax Bill?

Discounts and exemptions may apply where you are the only resident counted or the property is not being lived in.

Council Tax is a local tax based on the property banding and the occupancy.  The amount of the annual charge depends on factors such as the parish in which the property is situated, the banding and the amounts collected on behalf of West Berkshire Council, Thames Valley Police Authority, Royal Berkshire Fire and Rescue Service and town and parish councils. 

If you are the only person over 18 living in your property you could get a reduction in your Council Tax.

Share This Page